I was invited to speak to an elite Los Angeles group of high powered CMOs (Chief Marketing Officers) about innovation and corporate social responsibility. Our discussion included case study examples to answer the following questions:
- What are the different roles of innovation?
- Does being ethical pay?
- When do consumers reward a socially responsible company?
- When does a great CSR initiative go bad?
- Start-ups, SMEs, NGOs, Transnationals -- when to collaborate & when to walk away?
- How to successfully share innovation stories?
- How to leverage social media for social awareness?
- What not to do in the "groundswell" (thanks Forrester!)